Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cooking, Cooking, Gone

This week I bought a new cookbook called Fresh, Fabulous Fast. It is a Weight Watchers sponsored cookbook that contains "130 recipes all under 30 minutes". I'm really excited about it because, for one I love cooking, and also because being on the go/busy all the time makes it hard to cook a real meal without it getting late.


Making grocery lists and going to the store are among two of my favorite things so today I sat down and went through it and decided on a few things I'd like to try out this week. The menu for this week includes: Greek Chicken with Peppers and Pasta, Chicken and Broccoli with Black Bean Sauce, Caramelized Risotto with Chickpeas, Grilled Lamb Koftas with Yogurt-Cilantro Sauce, and Mixed Berries with Honey-Caramel Sauce. (yes I PROMISE that all of these things are healthy!) I'm really excited to try some new things and experiment a little more.

Tonight I tried the Greek Chicken with Peppers and Pasta. It was delicious and light yet hearty all at once! While according to the book it should have only taken 15 minutes it took me about 20-25, but that's still pretty speedy. Here's the recipe!

Ingredients
8 ounces whole wheat penne
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 sweet onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 cup sliced pepperoncini
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped oregano

Directions
1. Place pasta and salt in large skillet (I actually just used a pot); add water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally. about 8 minutes, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, pepperoncini, and red pepper, stirring often until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add pasta and oil, toss until combined then add in feta.

Serving: 2 cups, 8 WW P+, 312 calories.

I am undecided about what I want to fix for dinner tomorrow, but I hope it's as easy and yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get my hands on a copy of that book! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited to try this yummy recipe and I thank you sooo much for including the Points+ for fellow WW's! It looks great love your blog to pieces :)

    xoxo,
    daisy

    http://classicdaiisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete